Monday, September 13, 2010

Last Weekend?

It was a SLOW weekend. Hubby and I spent most of the weekend finishing up the house in preparation for baby and relaxing as much as possible. I'm not sure if it's the fact that Caleb is expected to be here so soon or what, but I've been extremely tired and sleepy lately. I'm taking it as a sign that I better rest up for the big day, and the next 20 years for that matter.

Jennifer, Brandon and Lana came over for dinner Saturday night. It was pleasant. I'm glad they enjoy hanging out with us so much, especially since they're going to be moving away so soon. Any time spent with them is precious. I'm grateful they'll be here long enough to meet Caleb. I can't wait to see the cousins meet each other for the first time. I expect it won't be all that exciting right away since they're so young - probably lots of staring wiggling and arm waving. But it's just the beginning. Jenn and I plan on keeping them in touch via webcam so they will still recognize each other at family gatherings. I wonder if they'll look alike. I'm sure they will some what, being that Jenn and I are twins and all.

As far as the whole Fantasy Football thing goes, obviously the "whispers" will be muffled until Caleb is born. We got our little booties handed to us for Week 1. Enjoy your win Matt! Next time we own you! I've gotta say though, despite the frustration watching my players totally suck it all day Sunday, I enjoyed the time spent with my husband. Whooda thought I'd enjoy watching football for an entire day! Relaxed on the couch with some Pizza and Beer. And NO! I wasn't drinking beer. Matt was. I had the luxury of admiring and smelling the beer from across the table. Water has been my drink of choice, sorda.

While watching my Gold Fish (Fantasy Football Team Name) tank throughout the day, I was able to finish making the "Labor Day" shirts for Matt, Caleb and myself. Making stuff has been my solitude while we wait for the munchkin to finally peek out my hoohaa. The shirts / onesie came out really cute. I know they're cute because Jennifer came over and whined that I didn't make her or Lana one. Yes Jenn. I am going to make one for you and my sweet niece. Stop whining! Love you! Hopefully I have time to get them done before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment