Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Baby, Poo and a Day for Matthew

Before discussing today's events, I should conclude the happenings of yesterday. The doctor's visit went well. I sat on the monitor for a while and the consensus what that Caleb Daniel is a happy little baby. Well that's all we could wish for! She also noticed how often he moved and kicked. "Wow! That's a lot of action!" she said. Yep. I'm bound to give birth to a baby who's idea of rest is bouncing from wall to wall yelling "WooHoo" at the top of his lungs. Awesome! I better learn to like RedBull.


(IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED IN ALL OF THE DETAILS OF THE PREGANANCY, SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH - WEENIES) Another big event yesterday! I was granted a fantastic gift. For those gals who've had the luxury of experiencing pregnancy, they all know the ability to go numero duece is rare. YES! I'm talking about poo! Guys, whether you like to believe it or not, women poop (dump, crap, take the browns to the superbowl, whatever you want to call it)!! But when pregnant, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. They are few and far between and the odds of you having one daily is slim to none. Well, after a long drought, I got relief last night! YAY! I feel so much better and can't wait for the next time baby Caleb releases my bowels from his death grip! Ha!



Now for today's events!!! It's September 1, 2010 which can only mean one thing! It's Matt's 29th BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday Babe!

Needless to say, his birthday wish was for me to pop out a baby today. As much as I'd love to ablige, I think we're better off keeping baby Caleb stowed in utero until we're sure he's ready. In lieu, he's going to have to accept a dinner at his favorite restaurant, Dave & Busters (he's my big kid!) and a couple of birthday surprises that don't involve hours of labor and a newborn. More on that tomorrow - after the surprises are revealed.



An interesting fact about September 1 - on this day in 1939, Germany invaded Poland by sending in 1.5 million troops at the same time the German Luftwaffe bombed Polish airfields. Great Britain and France sent Hitler an ultimatum to either withdraw German forces from Poland or face them in war. Two days later Britain and France declared war on Germany. So there's a little history for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment