Friday, September 10, 2010

Home Stretch

Well, we visited the doc again this past Tuesday. As I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy, doc is pretty adamant that baby Caleb will insist he join us a bit early. Apparently, I'm a ticking time-bomb. With every step I take I cross my fingers and think to myself  "Please water. Break so I can meet my son and lose the waddle walk! I'd rather hold him in my arms than in my gut. My bladder, colon and intestines will all appreciate the relief!" Whatever the outcome, whenever he decides to join us, we are SOOPER excited to meet him. We have another sonogram scheduled for next Wednesday to see how much he's grown in the last 3 weeks. Undoubtedly, he will still be small but I'm sure the sonogram will show that he is healthy regardless. Caleb will be our little munchkin, arriving just in time for football season - or should I say FANTASY FOOTBALL season.


It's officially started. The first game of the season was last night. In preparation for the game, we bought Matt a new laptop so he can check on all of his fantasy teams and still hang out with Caleb and I in the living room (rather than being tied to the desktop in "manland"). Not to say we don't have a fantasy team too - we do. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! But we don't only plan on joining him. WE PLAN ON BEATING HIM! "Why does she keep saying 'We'?" you ask. WE = Caleb and I. We will be the dominating force in the league. I say Caleb is MY team member because he will be latched to my nipple 90% of the time like the most adorable, lovable, handsome, charming, lucky nipple ring ever! Together, Caleb and I will morph into FOOTBALL WHISPERERS!!! We will beat daddy Matt and his new fancy laptop! HA!

In other news, I had my car detailed last Thursday. I'll admit it. It had been quite a while since I had thoroughly cleaned the outside of my car. By thoroughly, I mean more than just parking it in the driveway next to the sprinklers while Matt waters the front yard. It was time for a good scrub down and a massage of wax. So - off to THE WASH TUB! I gotta say, they did a great job. The inside looked brand new again. The outside, other than the scratches and newly acquired dent (I was rear ended a few weeks ago), looked fantastic. The inside smelled like new car. The carpets were steam cleaned. The leather, conditioned. I need to have a clean, sanitary vehicle to take baby around in right?!

NEWLY CLEANED CAR

Well I'll be darned if as soon as I jumped into my newly detailed vehicle I didn't see a giant ominous cloud in the distance. "NOOOOOOO!!!! NO! NO! NO! NO!"

Oh YES!! YES! YES! Everyone can thank ME for the week long tropical storm weather we've had in the past week. You say your lawns are turning yellow and need watering? Leave it to me to get the job done for ya! Bring on hurricane "HERPES" or "HERMES" or "HERMINE" or whatever the heck that hurricane was called. Why couldn't it stay in Mexico, or go to New Orleans where hurricanes belong! And of course, now my car looks as dirty as it ever did. At least I managed to keep the interior clean and free of mud. Also on the good side, the exterior dirt is hiding the scratches in the paint again. The glass is half full right! AWESOME!

NEWLY CLEANED STREET - THANKS HERMINE!
 

Seriously though, we've been blessed with a relatively mild summer. No droughts! Just enough rain. It's been great. I'm so thankful. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be pregnant in a TYPICAL San Antonio summer. I'm not sure it's even hit 100 degrees. Thanks to GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment